Hi, this is Herman!!! You may know me as TattleCat on Twitter. I’m the star of the children’s book, Finding Mya. I’m also known for traveling with my parents in both cars and planes, and having a tricked out Ride that I roll around in at Blogpaws conferences.
What you might not know about me is, before I found my Forever Home, I was a rambunctious kit who didn’t know any better and ran away from my first home. There are theories on how I became lost during my first year, but the gist is I spent a long time wandering Kentucky woodlands along I-75 before I was rescued during a blizzard. I was a mess. My fur had hardened like a turtle’s shell around my body, and I had to be shaved nekked. So embarrassing!
Anyway, that was many many years ago and I’ve enjoyed a long happy life. But my first year could have been my last year if it wasn’t for my family finding me in those woods and taking me home. They made sure my story had a Happily Ever After.
Do you have a special story about your pet that you’d like to share? A funny story? An adventure story? A rescue story with a Happily Ever After ending? If so, I am accepting submissions for a collection of pet-themed stories to be compiled into a book. One hundred percent (100%) of the profits will benefit Four Paws Lifeline, a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization whose goal is to provide financial assistance to those pet owners who are not able to afford critical care or emergency veterinary care for their furry loved ones.
In case you aren’t aware, the parents of my wife Belle ~ @Frankencat1 on Twitter ~ started Four Paws Lifeline when Belle’s sister Dora had to have emergency surgery. You can read Dora’s story here. I want to support their much-needed organization and thought collecting stories might be one way to help raise money.
Story submission requirements are as follows:
- Told either from your human viewpoint or from the viewpoint of your non-human kid, i.e. cats, dogs, bunnies, birds, ferrets, hamsters, mouses, turtles…etc.
- True! No made up stuff.
- Written in plain English. No LOL or Anipal-speak please.
- Stories must be Uplifting. Inspiring! No sad stories. No stories of abuse.
- 1000 words max.
- Spell check and spiff up your grammar. No pressure to be perfect, but show you care by writing a clean copy.
- Submit up to four photos for consideration to be included with your story.
- State in your submission: “I understand I will not receive monetary compensation for this story. I am donating my story to benefit Four Paws Lifeline.”
If your story is selected, you will receive one free copy of this book.
Submission Deadline is February 1, 2016.
Please submit your story to me, Herman the Edipurr at wonderpurr (dot) life (at) gmail.com.
Put FOUR PAWS LIFELINE SUBMISSION in subject line, and follow my eight submission requirements. My team of judges will notify you if your story has been selected by March 1, 2016.